16 Oct Worship from home with friends this week!
Welcome to Saturday y’all!
…and a pretty wet, windy & wild one at that!
We’re all on-line for the next week or so…or at least until the restrictions allow us to not segregate our family by vaccine status. Pray that our Premier or Prime Minister would intervene on behalf of regional Australians; and writing a letter to them to that effect wouldn’t hurt.
In the meantime, we have the opportunity to live within the limits of the guidelines & meet together in homes (up to 10 visitors) for home-worship.
Here’s the link: https://youtu.be/h8X4CKp75BY
Or…if you’re accessing the website https://livingwaterwagga.org.au/sermons/ you have all of the resources from this week (and many previous weeks) at your fingertips!
I cannot encourage you strongly enough…If you CAN gather with others, please GATHER with others. The church has spent far too many months over the last two “years of the virus” distant from one another in the resulting swirl of uncertainty, lockdown, or restriction. The church is less than we were intended if we are not gathered. You’ll hear more about that as we examine that portion of the Apostle’s Creed in a few weeks’ time.
Speaking of the Creed…we have a real gift over these weeks. You are able to share “what this means to me” segments in our recorded worship setting. This week, Philippa offers her insights into “God who is Creator.” We have a few volunteers for some of the other weeks, but please put your hand up…there’s always room for your faith story in our church witness & worship. Please contact Philippa to make sure we have yours.
Also…please make full use of the Study & Discussion resources on our website. Perhaps you can use those around the lunch table after your home-worship group meets or join us for our Friday 1:00 p.m. Zoom catch-up times. I’ll have the link available by Tuesday. And do please reach out to one another. There is all manner of evidence that the last two years have strained & exhausted our emotional limits. Caring for one another is what we do very well…keep it up! I am also still permitted to be with you whether you are vaccinated or not. I’m only a phone call away. Do not hesitate if that might be helpful. I can also be part of your home-worship gathering if you’d like. Let’s see what the next weeks hold.
Earlier this week I promised I’d repeat a few reminders…well…
- Please continue to pray for your Steering Team and all the adjustments they are making in so many areas of our ministry to continue or mission to this community and beyond.
- We’ve had to delay our AGM…we simply aren’t able to put ourselves all together in the Guide Hall…so we’re aiming for the 5th of December.
- You’ll see in the financial report at that meeting, that the uncertainties & limitations of the last half of 2021 has severely cut into our financial margins. Now is the time to prayerfully ask God for a way to expand your already well-stretched generosity.
- Also…we’ve missed more than a few Giving Beyond Ourselves opportunities. An electronic gift to Living Water, noted GBO will be directed to the latest one. Or you can mail a check to Pam if you’re not yet using electronic banking.
- Please also pray for our Confirmation families…talk about a disrupted year…we’ll have more information for them soon, but please pray for those 8 young disciples and their families.
Be richly blessed this weekend. Continue to “ask…seek…knock…” trusting that the Father is hearing every prayer, and attending to every need you lift before him.
The Lord is righteous in everything he does;
he is filled with kindness.
The Lord is close to all who call on him,
yes, to all who call on him in truth.
He grants the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cries for help and rescues them.
The Lord protects all those who love him,
but he destroys the wicked.