09 Jul 9th July
Welcome to Friday y’all!
Another week and another extension to the health/safety restrictions that are hoped will manage the persistent virus flare up in the greater Sydney area.
Well…we’re still living with the limits to which we’ve grown too accustomed.
- 1 person/4sqm inside – We’re seating about 35 or so in the Guide Hall and another 5-6 in the kitchen. We’ll find a way to get you in.
- We’re all wearing masks and not singing as a congregation…The lyric videos for worship are a help to us here.
- We’ll postpone Giving Beyond Ourselves for another week…We want a full house & a full gift like we usually have.
- The Trivia Night is postponed as well…We have to be able to have a decent roomful and that’s just not possible until the limits are lifted.
- Ladies’ Fellowship is put off until further notice. The 5 non-family member limit in our homes makes it unworkable for the moment. And I already have the Bible Study ready to go…it’s a good one! 😉
One thing that isn’t restricted during this time is the usual range of expenses that keep ministry happening on our watch. If you’re unsure how to make a regular gift when you are unable to get in the door to worship, we have folks who can help you get set up electronically. Just let me know and we’ll see if we can be of service in that way too. And the old saying “when the going gets tough the tough get going” can be proved true in another generation. It might just be time to consider increasing your giving to send a clear message to everything that says “retreat,” that the gospel of the Kingdom and its growing claim on you & all you are is always advancing.
Another thing that can’t be restricted…the absolute assured truth of God’s Word…
In my yearly reading through the Bible I’ve just finished Job (the OT reading) and 1 Peter (the NT reading).
At the very end Job says to God:
“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you.”
Peter concludes his first letter:
“In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. All power to him forever! Amen. I have written and sent this short letter to you with the help of Silas, whom I commend to you as a faithful brother. My purpose in writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God’s grace for you. Stand firm in this grace.”
Let me encourage you to pray from Job’s assurance that God “can do anything & no one can stop” him. From that perspective…through the power of the risen Jesus Christ, God can lift every burden, break every addiction, comfort every sorrow, fulfill every hope & keep every promise. And after this elongated season of uncertainty & distress & dis-ease is ended (he can do that too) what a restoration & strengthening we have in store!
Be encouraged…strong and courageous for the Lord is with you wherever you go!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.