18 Jul Sunday morning…quickly!
Well…the Premier has given her update…and seems not much has changed for us. This is a difficult time for all of us & we’re making adjustments that are tough & not always what “we” would do if “we” were in charge.
So…same song next verse…
- For worship this week we’ll be using videos again as meditation pieces. While we could have as many as 5 masked song leaders, congregations are still discouraged from singing. So…let’s do this again & see what the next week brings.
- We WILL be having Morning Tea, but we’ll be extra cautious and make sure everything is served to us by our stellar volunteers on disposable plates. Lots of hand sanitizing too! Masks if you’re not eating/drinking & seated if you are. That’s just like cafes & restaurants. We know the drill.
- We’re still in the 1 person/4sqm distancing guidance. Just come…we’ll make it work.
- Our access as volunteers to Caloola Court is still restricted.
- And we’re just not able to gather in homes in groups larger than 5 yet…So the Steering Team is meeting via Zoom on Tuesday night.
Speaking of the Steering Team…a good number of those hardworking servants are needing a break so they can rest, refresh & serve in different ways. So…if someone says to you, “I think you’d serve well as the ‘_____’ team leader.” Don’t say “no” reflexively. Talk to me. Take a bit to pray & consider. If someone approaches you, it’s likely because God has prompted them to do so. We don’t “fill slots.” We raise up & equip leaders. You could well be one of those whose time has come. 😉
Our Confirmation students will meet on July 25th right after worship. I’ll be communicating directly with them later this weekend.
In my devotions this week, this really struck home. I pray you are encouraged as well…Psalm 20:7-8
Some nations boast of their chariots and horses,
but we boast in the name of the Lord our God.
Those nations will fall down and collapse,
but we will rise up and stand firm.
You are God’s chosen people. His holy nation!
Allow his strength to equip you to rise up & stand firm.
See y’all Sunday!